Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Life in this New World

Dear Elena:                                                                                                     March 12, 1923

  Ciao bella, it has been a few weeks since I first arrived. New York is so grande! You have to see it, my love, the buildings are so tall, they can touch the moon! There is all this music, cars and lights you will believe that you are living inside a star! Although America is beautiful, its people are not. Many of these people are mean, cold and seem to have no hearts. How can someone be so thoughtless to other people?

 I been missing you, I wish you could come here with me and expirience The American Dream with me. I have been living in an apartment in which I share with 3 other people, roomates. I know that you must be thinking that why would I do that, well that is because I want to save as much money as I can so I can go back to Italia and buy you a ticket to America.

  I work as a constrution worker, but I really do not get to build much just get bossed around by the Americans. But I try to stay calm, you know. Try to prove that not all of my people will call the mafia if you insult us, but sometimes it can be tough. But at  least there are many other Italians just like me, trying to work and do the best they can.

  Well that is all for now Elena, I hope that everthing is ok back ar home and I wish you the best of luck in everything you will do and hope to see you here someday, with me.

                                                                                                             With Love:
                                                                                   Angelo Braulio Gonzalo

No comments:

Post a Comment