Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Ultimate Melting Pot

 All this talk about immigration made me wonder about MY OWN heritage and where I came from, so I did some research, a few hours and family tress later, this is what I found, it is very interesting.

  First off, I am only going to talking my mother's side of the family and their history because frankly, my father's side just full of "home grown" Puerto Ricans, nothing really interesting. Well from my grandmother's side, everything started with her own mother. That person, whose name was Blanca Brucman was half French from her mother and half German from her father. Ivonne de la Bowne, the french mother died when Blanca was 4 years old, giving birth to her sister, Emilia. Years later, Leocardio Brucman, Blanca's German father remarried a women of the name Odett, who was half Puerto Rican and half French, and when they married, Odett wanted to live in Puerto Rico and thats how thats where Blanca Brucman met Alfredo Font, my great grandfather. Alfredo is not Puerto Rican eighter, he comes from a long line of Venezuelan workers.His father was working at Puerto Rico when, you guessed it, he found love , Carmen Irizarry and never looked back. This was around the mid to late 1800's, that was a very long time ago.


 Now this was only from my grandmother's side of the family, the following is from my grandfather's. Emiglio Buonomo's dad, Angelo, went to Puerto Rico from Italy on a buisiness trip with a friend of his. He only wanted to go to Puerto Rico to have an easier time getting into the United States and buy some land since he aparently liked in here at the time. But, like Alfredo before him, love found a way to his heart and her name was Monserate Morales, a very Puerto Rican woman. They got married stayed in Puerto Rico and developed a huge love for baseball, but that's another story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment